Interchangeable Core Cylinders
Effective key control is essential to the success of a high security lock system. If you can have keys copied at a local store, then a burglar can have your keys copied also. If you are security conscious enough to install a lock system, be sure to select one that provides the level of protection and control that is appropriate.
KeyMark Small Format Interchangeable Cores (SFIC) feature a patented security leg and provide utility patented key control for applications that don’t require a UL listed cylinder. Designed to allow the user to instantaneously remove and replace cores through the use of a control key, KeyMark cores provide the ultimate in convenience. KeyMark is well suited for facilities with high turnover of employees, such as fast food restaurants, convenience stores, and other similar businesses. KeyMark is also suitable for apartments, office buildings, schools, and hospitals where strict control over key duplication is required.
Interchangeable Core Locks
With Best Access Systems, you can have the best of both. “Highly controlled access” with our customized master key plan and key control program, and “convenient access” with our interchangeable core. All designed to meet the exact requirements of your facility.
Abrasive Lever Option: Besides complying with a wide variety of accessibility codes and ordinances, Best Access Systems lever handles are available with a special abrasive feature. Abrasive strip on the lever immediately identifies warnings on doors to hazardous areas for the blind.
Lost Motion Feature: The Lost Motion feature allows the lever handle to move 45 degrees from parallel to the horizontal plane without engaging the latchbolt assembly. When the lockset is in the locked mode, this feature makes over-torque or over-lever-age abuse more difficult to achieve.
Non IC Lever Option: The 9K heavy duty cylindrical lock may be adapted to existing keying systems by using a special retrofit lever and throw member that will accept 6 pin single shear-line cylinders from non BEST manufacturers.
RQE Feature: The 9K lever handle cylindrical can be supplied with a request-to-exit (RQE) switch. A normally open switch provides momentary switch closure when the inside lever is rotated.
Tactile Lever Option: Tactile levers may be used in areas where improved grip is required or as a warning in hazardous areas. Grooves are machined into the back of the hand grasp portion of the lever to improve grip and/or to provide a sensory warning in hazardous areas. This option can be used for Blind, Safety or Accessibility applications.
1. No exposed mounting screws standard on 82T/83T double cylinder M function only (available as an option on 82T/83T K, L, and S function)
2. Full 1″ stainless steel throw deadbolt
3. Free-turning, wrench-resistant, tapered cylinder ring
4. 82T/83T-solid extruded brass or bronze cylinder 72T/73T-solid cast zinc with brass or bronze shell
5. Stainless steel for strength and corrosion resistance
6. Simple installation; self-aligning and reversible
7. May be keyed into existing Best masterkeyed system
8. The original interchangeable core permits instant, economical re-lock
9. 82T/83T–American National Standard ANSI A156.5-1992 Auxiliary Locks, Grade 1 with 1CD Core and 8TS1 strike 72T/73T–American National Standard ANSI A156.5-1992 Auxiliary Locks, Grade 2
10. ADA turn lever (Not shown)
11. Deadbolt UL listed for use as auxiliary lock type on 3 hr. fire doors (GWXT). These locks also carry the C-UL mark which is now officially accepted in all of Canada, indicating compliance with appropriate Canadian standards and codes